RP Interaction Preference and Spoilers - posted at June 13, 2020, 07:28:02 PM by Anaris
Two new additions to the message interface today:
- RP Interaction Preference: This will only show up when you are writing a Roleplay. It lets you indicate to what extent you are open to outside participants in your roleplay, and has three options:
- private—Please do not interrupt this roleplay. It may be a solo RP, or may be between a group of people who are collaborating on it, but while you are invited to read it, and if it is being roleplayed as happening in public can even roleplay a reaction, you are asked not to interrupt. Please do be respectful of others, and if your roleplay is taking place in the open, please think twice before using this setting.
- public—You may join in this roleplay, but it is polite to ask first. This is the default setting.
- invite—You are invited to join in this roleplay! The roleplayer is actively seeking
(110 more words) [Read More]
Reply to List available for realmwide messages - posted at June 11, 2020, 10:14:40 PM by Anaris
A commonly-requested feature, "reply to list" on realmwide messages, has now been enabled gamewide.
Please message responsibly.
Graphic Content Warning - posted at June 01, 2020, 11:26:51 PM by Anaris
As was announced a little over a month ago, we are now introducing the feature to tag roleplays as graphic in nature—with several options for what type of graphic content is included—with such messages automatically being hidden in recipients' message feeds. Instead, below the "Roleplay from Delvin Anaris" header, you'll see a Graphic Content Warning box listing the warning tags, which you can then click to display the message.
If you find that there are tags you would like to use that are not in the provided list, please
contact us and let us know (you can reach us on the forum, on Discord, or by email at [email protected]
). This is still a very new feature, and the list is by no means set in stone.
Please note that the Roleplaying Guidelines
have also been updated with these in mind, and have been
(18 more words) [Read More]
Message Editor Inline Preview + Message Saving - posted at May 15, 2020, 09:48:16 PM by Anaris
An update has just gone live with two significant improvements to the message editor, one fairly obvious, the other less so until you need it:
First, by actually using some of the fancy features of the rich-text editor package we just updated, we have implemented a live inline preview of your message as you type it. At present, it should correctly handle everything but Wiki, Region/Realm, and forum post links. (We will be working on support for those in the future.) If you have feedback on this feature, please bring it to the forum. If you find that you prefer the old version, you can click the "Toggle RTE Mode" button at the bottom of the page, and for that device only
, it will switch to the traditional white-text-box RTE, and remember your setting. (You can use this to have one on mobile and a different one on desktop, for instance.)
Second, by very popular demand, we have implemented a feature that should make it much, much harder for
(108 more words) [Read More]
Early May 2020 Updates - posted at May 10, 2020, 10:50:20 PM by AnarisMajor Changes
- All new war declarations will require a reason
- A bare-bones HTML message archiver
- Starving regions will gradually stack up more significant penalties*
- Update to the rich-text editor, which should allow it to support mobile
- Results of training matches will now be sent to the region*
- Further reduce food production in lordless regions*
- Default to collapsing player page player info box on mobile*
- Prevent adventurer creation and War Island character creation from setting a family home region*
- Tweak sympathy adjustment values*
- Abandoning a region during a takeover will immediately complete the takeover
- A bug preventing supporting takeovers in certain instances
- Re-apply the prohibition on inter-realm
(52 more words) [Read More]